Iowa State University Seed Testing Laboratory
Internationally Recognized as a Leader in Seed
OVER 100 YEARS OF EXCELLENCE IN SEED TESTING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
At the Iowa State University Seed Laboratory we are not only proud of this heritage of excellence, but are pleased to offer cutting-edge seed analysis technologies and services. Our broad range of testing options, high throughput of samples, accurate results, and unmatched customer service—combined with our years of experience and expert staff—make us a leader in the seed testing industry.
The Iowa State Seed Testing Lab
- Is the largest public seed testing laboratory in the world
- Offers testing services for more than 300 species of crops, vegetables, flowers, and trees
- Tests for more than 350 pathogens (fungi, bacteria, and viruses)
- Employs staff certified in purity, germination, and testing of biotech traits
- Is a reputable industry source for workshops and short courses on seed quality and conditioning
- Utilizes the resources of Iowa State University experts in the fields of Agronomy, Horticulture, Plant Pathology, Entomology, and more
- Has served as an industry leader in testing, research, and in offering workshops for more than 100 years
Today and Let Us Demonstrate the Many Ways
That We Will Exceed Your
Seed Testing Expectations.
Log On To Seed Lab Online Services
HOW DO I SUBMIT A SAMPLE?
Place your samples in a padded box or envelope and ship to: ISU Seed Laboratory, 109 Seed Science Center, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011-3228. For more info Click Here
TRY OUR NEW SAMPLE SUBMISSION FORM (in .xls | .xlsx | and .pdf | formats and visit our News/FAQs page for more information about how it works.)
UPDATED January 15, 2015
Click Here to read the latest news and commentary from Seed Lab Manager Mike Stahr.
What Sets ISU Apart?The ISU Seed Lab
- Is a leader in photosanitary testing and in facilitating the movement of seed worldwide
- Is certified by the National Seed Health System
- Is accredited by trait providers to test for insect resistance and herbicide-tolerant biotech traits
- Was the first official seed testing laboratory in the U.S. to be ISO 9001 certified
- Offers free online access to sample information for your convenience
- Has a reputation for excellence in seed testing and customer service