More than 100 Years of Excellence in Seed Testing and Customer Service
Housed in the Seed Science Center on the Iowa State University campus, and directed by Dr. Manjit Misra, the Seed Laboratory has a proud history of excellence in seed testing, training, and customer service dating back more than 100 years. From the early research of George Washington Carver, to today's biotech seeds that feed, fuel, and supply the world, ISU time and again has proven itself as a leader.
At the Iowa State University Seed Laboratory, we are not only proud of this heritage of excellence, but are pleased to offer cutting-edge seed analysis technologies and services. Our broad range of testing options, high throughput of samples, accurate results, and unmatched customer service—combined with our years of experience and expert staff—make us a leader in the seed testing industry.
The Iowa State University Seed Lab
- Is the largest public seed testing laboratory in the world
- Offers testing services for more than 300 species of crops, vegetables, flowers, and trees
- Tests for more than 350 pathogens (fungi, bacteria, and viruses)
- Employs staff certified in purity, germination, and testing of biotech traits
- Is a reputable industry source for workshops and short courses on seed quality and conditioning
- Utilizes the resources of Iowa State University experts in the fields of agronomy, horticulture, plant pathology, entomology, and more
- Has served as an industry leader in testing, research, and in offering workshops for more than 100 years